Don't Be Defeatist, Dear (It's Terribly Middle Class) - An Introduction

Hello! I hope whoever you are or wherever you are you are having a wonderful, or at least somewhat acceptable, day! I'll just get straight to the point and explain what my blog is. Don't want too many pleasantries or this'll start sounding like a formal letter.

Right! Welcome to Back to the Drawing Board, my personal coping blog that I've created because my little journal that I used to keep all of my thoughts in has gotten quite messy (not to mention, a bit suspicious to carry about what with all the food and ink stains it's got on it). I'd liked that journal; it was small enough that it could fit inside a purse.

Anyways, this blog might be a little all over the place (but I'm lustful, trustful, and I'm looking for somebody to love- Sorry that was uncalled for). I intend to blog about little things in life like moments, short stories, or a happy memory. I might throw in a few songs here and there (I have an issue where I'll listen to the same song on repeat for a week straight) or maybe even some drawings I do in my spare time. Just some things that make me happy. Like I said before, this is my coping blog. I plan to put down as many things as I can so that when I need something to look back upon, I'll have this.
Also, if anyone needs a coping blog or something they can look through and hopefully feel better, I've got you covered. Just throwing it out right now: I created this blog so that I could deal with my own things and to help others deal with theirs as well; feel free to drop by anytime. And feel free to talk to me as well. But be warned, I'm quite socially inept, even through text. Sorry.

Okay, so we've got our little introduction to the blog thing going on! That's nice; I haven't rambled off into oblivion yet. We'll do the ol' razzle dazzle and answer some things about me.

Short and sweet: Who in the world am I? What's there to even know about me?

Well, I won't tell you any personal-personal information about myself because that'd be pretty creepy. However, you can refer to me as Nota (note-a). I count my age in human years, but I won't tell you how many it's been (I stopped counting after the second century).
Gender? Species? I'm a piano. I identify as a piano. In fact, I've responded to "Piano!" so many times that I can safely assume that I am actually a piano. But if you want a more specific description, I'm an upright piano (terribly middle class).
Do I like girls? Do I like boys? Do I like anyone in between or outside of those options? No, not really. I'm more of a tea and sleeping in on Saturdays type of person.

Onto the second question now! What is there to know about me? Not much, really. I'm not a very interesting person (as said before, terribly middle class).
To start things off, I enjoy writing (hence the blog) since it's pretty much a filter for my life. I spend a rather unhealthy amount of time writing. I could be writing short stories or a full blown story, both of which I never actually finish because I'm that type of person. Writing is my escape from reality. Lonely? Write about a world with friends or people who care. Trapped? Write a story that has endless mountains, hills, and worlds to explore. Overwhelmed? Write about an ideal future or an ideal timeline. Basically, writing is my freedom. It lets me be another person: someone that's better than the real me and someone that can finally be good enough. It lets me forget about my mundane life and it lets me dream. Dream, get it down, and relive that dream. An endless cycle with countless branches that helps keep me sane.
Alright! Anything else to know about me aside from writing? I love music. Music helps me dream (if you can't tell by now, I'm quite a dreamer) and it helps me focus. It grounds me in a way that writing can't. Do you know what's amazing about being able to play or create music? It lets you shape it the way you want it to be. It's like molding clay, but instead of clay, you're molding sound. Music is such an interesting thing. It brings emotions, it brings stories, it brings images. Music, music, music.
I have a thing for writing in bookstores. Particularly at Barnes and Noble. The shop has a very nice vibe to it, especially around 8.
I also like researching and reading useless history facts because I have a soft spot for historical fictions when it comes to writing. Fun fact: My favourite time periods to read about have got to be the Joseon Dynasty, Victorian Era, and WWI.
I'm emotionally invested in books and a few movies (specifically historical-based movies, Winnie the Pooh movies, and the Avengers). Quite a mess, aren't I?

Now that I've successfully rambled into oblivion, I'd like to apologize. I tend to say a lot when I'm invested. Nonetheless, that's far too much about me already! I don't have to spell everything out about myself. I'm sure you can discover something random about me among the posts.

Again, welcome to Back to the Drawing Board! I hope I can utilize this blog to help myself, and I hope you can benefit as well.

Comments

  1. It's nearly been a whole year and I can confidently say that I despise this introduction with my whole left butt cheek.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts